Kallithea is a village and seat of the municipal district of the same name in the Municipality of Kassandra in the prefecture of Halkidiki.
It has a population of 779 inhabitants (Dec 2001). The Kallithea Municipal District, apart from the settlement and settlement of Toleina, has only 18 inhabitants (2001). The main occupation of the residents is the tourist business. In the village there is police, kindergarten and Primary School. It is 85 km from Thessaloniki. It attracts hundreds of tourists each year due to its beaches and developed tourist infrastructure.
The area is of archaeological interest since the sanctuary of Dionysus and the Nymphs, part of the sanctuary of Ammon Zeus (who was worshiped in the area since the 5th century BC) and the area of the altar, has been excavated in Kallithea. In the middle of the 4th century BC a great temple of Doric order was built, in honor of Amon Zeus. Dionysus had already begun to be worshiped in the area since the 8th century BC, as they show a staircase carved into the rock and a cave devoted to the worship of God. In the place of Toleina, the archaeologists discovered an early Christian basilica. The peculiar, original and unique paleo-Christian basilica dates from the 6th century. Its middle aisle is occupied by an earlier building, which seems to be a house of martyrdom.
The village was founded in 1925 by refugees who settled in the Greek area after the Asia Minor Catastrophe. Before the refugees settled, there was a farm in the area owned by Russian monks. The inhabitants founded the settlement of Neos Maltepes and occupied with agriculture and livestock farming. After 1950, this village was renamed to New Kallithea and eventually to Kallithea, due to its beautiful view. In recent years, settlers from the rest of Greece settled in the settlement. Interesting is the Russian-style church of Agios Panteleimonas, located near the sanctuary of Zeus. There is also an irrigation canal in the middle of the 19th century.